Skip to content
- The Patient and Family Resource Booklet Regarding Concussion Symptoms is an educational resource that was constructed as a part of a CONNECT Knowledge Translation initiative. The booklet was assembled through an environmental scan encompassing all 10 CONNECTing clinical sites. Each site was invited to provide the patient education resources currently in use at their site.
- The majority of materials obtained during the environmental scan were included in the booklet with the exception of resources requiring payment. Accumulation of 111 resources, including: videos, webinars, podcasts, handouts and webpages, occurred between February to April 2022.
- This booklet is organized into sections, each discussing common concussion symptoms addressed in the Rivermead Post-Concussion Symptoms Questionnaire. Also included are: resources addressing supportive self-management strategies for symptoms (mindfulness, pacing/planning and exercise), return to work/school/sport resources and other general concussion related materials.
- All of the resources provided in this booklet are available for use with internet access anywhere in the province and at no cost.
- *Disclaimer* – This booklet and most of the resources have not undergone an evaluation. We do not recommend distributing this resource directly to patients as the booklet has not been evaluated.
- We suggest that the booklet would be best utilized as supplemental material for clinicians to choose resources to provide patients as they see fit.